Project Superintendent – I
Full-time positions for candidates experienced running commercial projects as a Commercial Superintendent. Projects primarily consist of light base building, renovation, and tenant fit-outs.
Position: Project Superintendent – I
Why work here? Exciting projects, excellent pay, with a fun, fast, balanced work environment, and a winning team. Structured bonuses, continuing education & training
Location: HQ in Frederick, Maryland- majority of work within the DC Metro / VA / MD areas.
Status: full time positions for candidates experienced running commercial projects as a Commercial Superintendent. Projects primarily consist of light base building, renovation and tenant fit outs.
About You: you will be the “face of the company,” as the on-site point of contact and supervisor to subcontractors, trades, vendors, and liaison to stakeholders. You will be working on exciting projects, in a fast-paced environment and produce something you can be proud of when you complete. You will need to bring a high-level of leadership and positive energy to foster teamwork and promote the interests of yourself and our company. Your role will encompass a variety of challenging responsibilities to be completed on time and efficiently. As you already know, this position strength, leadership, and courage!
Expectations | Responsibilities | Duties
- Professionalism – take full ownership and buy in of assigned projects from start to finish and through warranty with consummate accountability for all aspects of the projects. You possess poise and determination to succeed regardless of obstacles or stresses that will arise
- Attitude – always remain focused on solutions, never excuses. You display a “can do” attitude and always lead by example in doing “whatever it takes,” to get the job done. You are the beacon of light for others on the jobsite even when the odds are stacked against you foster positive problem solving
- Appearance – present pride in appearance. This consists of Contour branded shirt or gear, khaki pants or blue jeans without holes, work boots, personal protective equipment (PPE) required while also maintaining good personal hygiene
- People Skills – ensure the client is satisfied. Create a winning team environment on the project including, with owners, building management, building engineers, other tenants, property managers, subs, vendors, employees, and neighbors. You have an innate ability to diffuse interpersonal conflicts to maintain order and harmony on your jobs.
- Quality – relentless pursuit of the best. You know how to build with a demonstrated ability and mastery to read, interpret and implement all plans specifications and finite details in the building construction realm. You manage the scope of work and ensures all aspects of the project are legal, code compliant, built within with confines of building site rules, local regulations, and constraints. Projects are to be completed to the highest level specified or better with no exceptions
- Scheduling – you push the project schedule and avoid negative slip. Always studying and striving to create efficiencies and complete projects faster. Superintendents inform all trade contractors and management on the status of the master schedule and provide a 2-week look ahead of sequential work
- Cost Control – reduction of budgetary costs through labor, material, and creativity. Superintendents can recognize changes in scope and accurately judge needed resources for those changes
- Safety – enforcement of a safe and clean work environment always. Strict adherence to all OSHA guidelines in protection of workers and the public above all else. Zero accidents and/or claims
- 5 years minimum commercial building construction experience or similar trades
- Excellent verbal and written communication needed
- Tech literate with command of Procore, MS products, Email & Text
- Ability to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy, self-motivated, passionate, and dedicated to high-quality work
- OSHA 30-hour certification with working knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations is required
- Current Driver’s License, clean driving record and reliable personal mode of transportation
- Must be able & willing to work nights and weekends
- Must be able & willing to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must be able & willing to relentlessly walk the job
- Competitive salary
- Fast-growing team with upward advancement opportunities
- Company match Simple IRA retirement plan
- Structured bonus system based on project performance & holiday bonus
- Commission for new work procured / referral and subsequent projects from source
- PTO – holidays, vacation & wellness
- Health Insurance with HSA
- Smartphone & Laptop
- Company Vehicle on case by case basis
- Per diem, travel expense & hotel for ‘out of state work’
- Education & training
- Quarterly team building events & fun work environment
Contour Construction is an EOE and would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.